Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Day with Lucie

Lucie + her family have the best traditions [more on that as the year progresses]. They're original & creative but not so structured that they lose the 'fun' part for parents + kids.


Here are her 6 kiddies. I can't seem to get all 6 together - but I'm working on it.
















She told me for Valentine's in the past she likes to write each child a special Valentine telling them the things she loved about them that year.





This year she said she ran out of time so instead
she gave the family a Valentine's Basket filled
with games they can all play together.
Like THIS GAME (I played it with them & LOVED it)






But why did she run out of time?
Maybe b/c she made all the primary kids at church these:





They are paper heart baskets that she weaved together. She taught me how & I can email you directions if you like - they're so easy I could do them. She printed out the 'Friend Chip' message & taped it on each one.
Then she put a mini-chips bag in 'em.












Oh & she made 100 homemade sugar cookies. . .

I stopped by her house en route to a Valentine's Day Party & told her I was supposed to bring cookies & I showed her my lazy version . . . cookies in a bag from Trader Joe's. She didn't say a word but whipped out a tray, sprinkled red hot hearts on it & then began frosting fresh cookies for me to take, wrapped it up & told me to keep the platter.



Everyone needs a friends like Lucie.

No comments:

Post a Comment