Sunday, February 21, 2010

Advice about 3-year olds

I once babysat a 3-year-old child (you don't know him) & was floored at how horrible it was. Oh come on! Don't judge me - it's a tough age & I'm not around kids that often.

The first thing I did was go to Lucie & ask her advice.

She told me that 3 yr. olds were like 17 yr. olds (AKA difficult teenage years) & you kind of lose them for a while -- they're frustrated because they can't communicate. She assured me after about a year they come back to you.
She said that it's not the 'terrible 2's' it's the 'terrible 3's'.

Alas, she didn't have 1 easy solution for me but her words of wisdom helped me when I was with a Different 3 yr old & reminded myself that this child was frustrated & I should be EXTRA patient.



Or you could just cook the delicious child in the oven(this one's too young though)

No comments:

Post a Comment